Welcome to the LOVEFiLM API
Sorry, we are no longer accepting new developer registrations.
Some Important Guidelines for Registered Developers
Respect our members & thrill them too
- be clear about what your application does and how users can contact you if they require support
- present content and functionality in interesting and useful ways
- respect our customers’ privacy and personal information
- mislead our members about the nature of our relationship, and allow them to proceed due to false pretences or misunderstanding
- bamboozle users with too many options and complex interfaces
- request or store LOVEFiLM member credentials (including login, password, any personal data)
Respect our brand & delight our partners
- follow our specific set of brand guidelines and use LOVEFiLM generated assets where appropriate
- link back to lovefilm.com regularly and appropriately
- use correct and appropriate language when describing the LOVEFiLM service
- combine content we make available through the API with other content sources in a way that misleads users or misrepresents the content
- display content in a way that causes concern to our studio partners, and contains intrusive or obstructive advertising
- alter content you receive from LOVEFiLM (including images and metadata) or mix it with data from other film information sources
Please be aware that…
Some of our content comes from partners, so we may occasionally need to change access permissions to protect their property. Our partners may also request that access to their data is withdrawn where it is used in isolation with no clear use of LOVEFiLM data, UGC or LOVEFiLM customer benefit and where developers may reasonably be considered as a direct client of the 3rd party.
We are trusting you with our customers, so please use your best judgment to create truthful, honest, high quality applications. You can challenge yourselves and delight our members with new and innovative ways to interact with LOVEFiLM, we’re very much looking forward to the results. Good luck.